understanding caching these queries will show you how your local machine 39 s dns ca 5189389
These queries will show you how your local machine's DNS cache works.
Ask your default server for information, without recursion, about the host www.dmoz.org.
(7) What command did you use?
(8) Did your default server have the answer in its cache? How do you know?
(9) How long did this query take? If this information was cached, please find some other host name that is not cached and do this section with that other host.
(10) Now, ask your default server this same query but with recursion. It should return an answer for you. How long did this take?
(11) Finally, ask your default server again without recursion. How long does this request take? Has the cache served its purpose?