outline of paper title abstract usually about 150 200 words and not counted as part 4962023
Outline of Paper
Abstract (Usually about 150 – 200 words and not counted as part of the word count)
The abstract is the ‘hook into the academic paper/essay. Draws the reader in the sparks their interest.
Key Words: 5 – 8 words (metalanguage)
Introduction (250 words)
- No need to use a heading for an Introduction
- Provides a road map for the paper
Literature Review (750 words)
- Frames the topic you are discussing by drawing on the background readings
- Supports discussion and reasons why we might teach in a particular way in the classroom – pedagogies, the importance of diverse approaches
- This needs to be an indepth discussion on a focused area
- Well developed and uses the literature to support the discussion by in text citations and a small number of direct quotations eg 2 – 3 ( not slabs of quotations – just a few words)
AC: English (250 words)
- Some reference to cross curricular perhaps
- This can be interwoven with throughout the discussion if this works for you rather than a separate section.
Classroom practice (750 words)
- Examples of activity or possibility to back up what has been said in the literature review
- How will what you have discussed above be enacted in the classroom?
- Back up with literature
Conclusion (200 words)
Draws the discussion to a close and does not add new material