instructions attached to complete a timeline tasks a required assignment ra is a sub 3583483
INSTRUCTIONS ATTACHED TO COMPLETE A TIMELINE
A Required Assignment (RA) is a substantive assessment intended to measure student performance against selected course objectives and/or program outcomes within a course. RAs are completed by all students across all University campuses and delivery formats without exception.
In this course, you have two major assignments or RAs that make up 50% of your total class grade.
To insure that you have carefully reviewed and planned how you will approach these major requirements, review their descriptions and create a timeline for accomplishing each of them during this course.
- Carefully review the description of each of these critical projects, prepare a timeline for completing all parts of them, and submit that timeline to your instructor as described below.
- Describe exactly what you will do to complete these tasks and when you will do each of these things.
- List the resources and information you will need to obtain to complete the tasks.
A description of RA 1 is given in M4 Asignment 2 RA 1.
- Choose at least seven articles that discuss some aspects of professional leadership development (i.e., vision, ethics, modeling, coaching/mentoring, and shared values), as well as leading and developing subordinates (followers, employees, team members, etc.). The selected articles should reflect a blend of research that has contributed to the generation of applicable theories, as well as a critique and affirmation of the specific theories.
- Develop an introduction on the background of three leadership approaches and/or models. The introduction should offer a strong foundation for the rest of the assignment as well as differentiate between approaches and models.
- Analyze all articles and describe the key themes that emerge across the selected articles.
- Synthesize the material and summarize the patterns of similarities and differences regarding how each of the authors has presented each theme.
- Analyze the impact and evaluate the effectiveness of these approaches/models and synthesize the information by discussing their relevance in enhancing professional development and growth of both leaders and subordinates and how this might lead to maximized productivity and effectiveness for organizations.
The purpose of this literature review is for you to practice:
- Critically concepts together.
- Synthesizing the various concepts and results of the review.
- Writing a collective analysis of the articles that will help you address the topic of the final assignment.
Remember, a literature review is not simply a summary of the articles but is a synthesis of the many ideas and concepts presented in the various articles.
- In RA 2, based on your research, readings, and understanding of leadership and coaching/mentoring theories, approaches, and models encountered thus far in the program, you will create a professional development plan for yourself as a leader and a coaching/mentoring plan for your employees/followers. Your final product will be a Microsoft Word document and be 10–12 pages in length (not including the title and reference pages). Utilize at least ten scholarly sources from scholarly and professional research journals (in addition to using your textbook).
- TASK RA 2
Include the following in your plan and support/justify your responses with appropriate citations, references, examples, and experiences:
- Introduction and background: Identify your current position in a work unit and your team (or a previous position or team). Assess your preferred leadership orientation/style, your strengths and weaknesses, and your team’s strengths and weaknesses. Evaluate how your and your team’s personality characteristics, attitudes, and values might influence your and your team’s professional development and growth.
- Theories and concepts: Consider the various leadership theories, concepts, and approaches and the coaching/mentoring theories and models:
- Identify what you consider to be the core principles and characteristics of effective leadership. Discuss how you might enhance your professional leadership skills.
- Assess your own stage of moral/professional development and discuss which of these theories, concepts, and/or approaches would be most relevant and effective to adopt in your own development strategy.
- Identify what you consider to be effective key concepts to coach/mentor and develop others.
- Assess your subordinates’ readiness or need for growth and development. Then, discuss which of the theories, concepts, and/or approaches would be most relevant and effective to adopt in your strategy to coach/mentor their development.
- Opportunities and networking: Leaders are often pioneers and creators. Identify opportunities, within and outside of your organization, that you can seize to professionally grow yourself and your team (employees, followers, etc.). How might you “model the way”? How might you inspire a shared vision and build a learning community or organization? How might you seek and utilize innovative ideas, technology, and social networking in your and your team’s professional growth?
- Empowerment and recognition: Analyze the long-term value of providing recognition to motivate and enhance employee skills and analyze how to develop and empower others and foster trust and collaboration.
- Development and mentoring: On the basis of your analysis and discussion of the above four areas, create a development plan for yourself and your followers. Conclude this paper with an outlined development and mentoring planin the form of a bulleted list, including brief step-by-step activities and explanations.